Wednesday, September 29, 2010

You Need a Clarifying Shampoo Now and Then

If you use shampoo, conditioners, hair spray, or for that matter any hair products, chances are you need a clarifying shampoo now and then.

When we use hair products, they build up on the hair, leaving it dull, unmanageable, and lifeless. Clarifying shampoos remove this buildup, leaving the hair shiny, soft, and healthier looking.

If you are unable to locate a clarifying shampoo in your supermarket, here's a mixture I use on my hair every three to four weeks:

To a plastic container I mix together 1/2 cup of my favorite shampoo and 1/2 cup baking soda. With this mixture, I wash my hair twice, rinsing well after each shampoo. I always finish the routine by conditioning my hair and rinsing well again.

When I feel products are building up on my hair again, I strip them off with a clarifying shampoo or I use this mixture.